C. Pop singers
2. From 1 September the monthly minimum wage in Bulgaria will be increased from 122.71 euros to
A. 301.66 euros
B. 138.05 euros
C. 212.45 euros
3. Which product is not used for preparing lyutenitsa, the notorious Bulgarian Ayvar?
4. What is the popular Bulgarian name for the feast of assumption of mary on 15 August?
A. Malka Bogoroditsa, or Small Mother of Christ
B. Golyama Bogoroditsa, or Great Mother of Christ
5. The group climbing on 27 august 1895 of which peak marked the beginning of organised tourism in Bulgaria?
A. Cherni Vrah (2290 m) in the Vitosha
B. Musala (2925 m) in the Rila
C. Vihren (2914 m) in the Pirin
6. When did the first Bulgarian kingdom exist?
A. In 12-14th centuries
B. In 1878-1946
C. In 7th-11th centuries
7. On a Bulgarian wedding, when the bride and the groom kiss, the guests shout...
A. "Gorchivo! Gorchivo!", or "Bitter! Bitter!"
C. "Stop! Stop!"
8. Which town was the centre of the Bulgarian it industry during Communism?
B. Nova Zagora
9. The ultimate Bulgarian cocktail called oblak, or "cloud," is made of
A. Spearmint liquor and milk
B. Spearmint liquor and Mastika
C. Spearmint liquor and Sprite
Chech your answers on the next page
The correct answers
1. B; 2. B; 3. A; 4. B; 5. A; 6. C; 7. A; 8. C; 9. B