A. The statue of St Sofia
B. The Soviet Army monument
C. The Tsar Osvoboditel, or Liberator King, monument
2. Which movie stars visited Bulgaria for the shooting of Killing Time?
A. Robert de Niro and John Travolta
B. Matthew McConaughey and Jennifer Aniston
C. Matt Damon and Michael Fassbender
3. Which Bulgarian ruler used serial marriages as a political tool?
A. King Ferdinand (1887-1918)
B. King Ivan Asen II (1218-1241)
C. Khan Asparuh (681-701)
4. Bulgarians use Opa!, or Oops!, as a substitute for...
A. Thank you
C. Excuse me
5. What percentage of Bulgarians are stoking up on food preserves for the coming winter?
A. 50 percent
B. 76 percent
C. 20 percent
6. Where in Bulgaria is the Stone Wedding rock formation situated?
A. Near Kardzhali, in the Rhodope
B. Near Varna
C. Near Sofia
7. The most popular male name in Bulgaria is...
8. Tikvenik, one of the autumn favourites on Bulgarian table, is...
A. A type of pork sausage
B. Pumpkin pie
C. Pickled green tomatoes
9. In Bulgarian, Indian Summer is called...
A. Gypsy Summer
B. Australian Winter
C. Russian Love
Check the correct answers on next page
The correct answers:
1. - C; 2. - A; 3. - B; 4. - C; 5. - B; 6. - A; 7. - C; 8. - B; 9. - A.