A. SDS, or Union of the Democratic Forces
B. BSP, or Bulgarian Socialist Party
C. DPS, or Movement for Rights and Freedom
2. In January, Bulgarians are going to vote in a referendum about...
A. Withdrawing Bulgarian troops from Afghanistan
B. Developing nuclear energy
C. Increasing state subsidies for education and science
3. The easternmost part of the Stara Planina is a cape at the Black Sea, called...
4. Where in Bulgaria you can see a Roman stadium?
5. Which Bulgarian feast coincides with St Valentine’s Day?
A. St Trifon Zarezan
B. St Ivan’s Day
C. St Atanas’s Day
6. Bulgarian women never leave their handbags on the floor, because...
A. They are afraid of thieves
B. They believe it would bring poverty
C. They do not want their handbags getting dirty
7. The main products for the salad, called in Bulgaria Snezhanka, are...
A. Tomatoes and peppers
B. Cabbage and carrots
C. Yoghurt and cucumbers
8. Which Bulgarian ruler uprooted vineyards to prevent wine consumption?
A. King Simeon
B. Khan Krum
C. Boyko Borisov
9.Which is Bulgaria’s only native dog breed?
A. The Koolie
B. The Kangal Dog
C. The Karakachan Shepherd Dog
The correct answers to the questions on next page
The correct answers: 1. – A; 2. – B; 3. – A; 4. – B; 5. – A; 6. – B; 7. – C; 8. – B; 9. – C.