1. How do the students protesting at Bulgarian universities call themselves?
A. Students who wake up early
B. Students who wake up late
C. Students who won’t forget
2. In the early 20th Century, Bulgaria accepted thousands of refugees of which nationality?
3. In Bulgarian, the name of which vegetable is used as an insult meaning "empty-headed"?
A. Kartof, or potato
B. Morkov, or carrot
C. Tikva, or pumpkin
4. Where in Bulgaria is Vihren Peak?
A. The Rila
B. The Pirin
C. The Vitosha
5. On which holiday Bulgarians traditionally don't have meat and dairy products on the table?
A. On Christmas Eve
B. On Easter Sunday
C. On St George's Day
6. Which of the instruments is not common in traditional brass music in Bulgaria?
7. How many local horse breeds are there in Bulgaria?
8. The most popular fruit for rakiya distilling in Bulgaria is…
9. The name of which Bulgarian city includes a word meaning "great"?
A. Veliki Preslav
B. Malko Tarnovo
C. Stara Zagora
Check the correct answers on next page
The correct answers:
1. - A; 2. - B; 3. - C; 4. - B; 5. - A; 6. - C; 7. - A; 8. - B; 9. - A.