1. Which Bulgarian city has been disturbed by a... python on the loose?
2. Which of these sites in Bulgaria is not on the UNESCO World Heritage list?
A. The Rila Monastery
B. The old town of Sozopol
C. The Madara Horseman
3. Which herb is used in the Shopska?
4. Which Bulgarian ruler kept a Latin emperor a prisoner?
A. King Kaloyan
B. Khan Krum
C. Boyko Borisov
5. Which main Roman road passed through what is today Bulgaria?
A. Via Appia
B. Via Egnatia
C. Via Diagonalis
6. Which building in Sofia has two chariots pulled by lions on its roof?
A. The National Theatre
B. The Bulgarian National Bank
C. The Council of Ministers
7. Which is the most cunning animal in Bulgarian folklore?
A. The Bear
B. The Fox
C. The Hare
8. Where in Bulgaria is the Stone Wedding natural phenomenon?
A. Near Kardzhali, in the Rhodope
B. Near Belogradchik
C. Near Stara Zagora
9. In Bulgaria, spotting a white swallow means...
A. Extremely good luck
B. The winter will be very cold
C. The election turnover will be below 50 percent
Check the correct answers on next page:
The correct answers to the questions:
1. – B; 2. – B; 3. – C; 4. – A; 5. – C; 6. – A; 7. – B; 8. – A; 9. – A