1. The period after the fall of Communism in 1989 in Bulgaria is known as...
A. The Golden Age
B. The Silver Age
C. The Transition
2. When did the Bulgarians switch from the Julian to the Gregorian calendar?
A. In 1916
B. In 1900
C. In 1878
3. What is pastarma?
A. A type of fish
B. A type of cured meat
C. A type of pastry
4. Which Greek god is believed to originate in the lands of present-day Bulgaria?
5. Where in Bulgaria are the largest ancient termae in the Balkans?
A. In Burgas
B. In Sofia
C. In Varna
6. The Bulgarian word gotin means....
7. What do you need to prepare greyana rakiya?
A. Olive oil
8. In which mountain is Koncheto, Bulgaria’s most treacherous mountain ridge?
A. In the Pirin
B. In the Rila
C. In the Stara Planina
9. Bulgaria’s only completed motorway is…
A. The Trakiya
B. The Struma
C. The Hemus
Chech the correct answers on next page
1. – A; 2. – A; 3. – B; 4. – C; 5. – B; 6. – C; 7. – B; 8. – A; 9. – A