1. Which of these Sofia churches doesn’t have gold-plated domes?
A. St Sofia
B. St Aleksandr Nevskiy
C. The Russian Church
2. Bulgaria's first cookbook was published in…
3. Which Bulgarian traditional craft was included in UNESCO's non-material cultural heritage list?
A. Kazanlak rose picking
B. Chiprovtsi carpet weaving
C. Tryavna woodcarving
4. In 2014, how many Bulgarians lived below the official poverty line?
A. 30 percent
B. 21 percent
C. 5 percent
5. When did Bulgaria join the First World War?
A. In 1914
B. In 1916
C. In 1915
6. Which of Bulgaria’s major ski resorts is in the Rhodope mountains?
7. What is the Bulgarian for yoghurt?
A. kiselo mlyako
B. kiselo zele
C. kiseli krastavichki
8. Which Bulgarian animal became an international Internet sensation?
A. The tiger who escaped from the Sofia zoo
B. The inhabitants of the bears' rescue centre in Belitsa
C. The vivid green stray cat living in Varna
9. What is the percentage of Bulgarians who think that all local politicians are criminals, according to an Open Society Institute survey?
A. 32 percent
B. 90 percent
C. 10 percent
Check the correct answers on next page
1. – A; 2. – B; 3. – B; 4. – B; 5. – C; 6. – A; 7. – C; 8. – B; 9. – A.